Riide – a taxi conglomerate – who asked for our help to build a global ecommerce platform to compete with Uber in the United Kingdom, Ireland and USA (East Coast). Another desire was for them to meet the users’ expectations for a contemporary user experience.
We helped Riide define the core success criteria of digital platforms – the facilitation of two-sided network effects – and specified the IT architecture necessary to support such network effects between drivers and passengers.
In turn we executed the plan by building the entire platform from scratch, including;
– A fully scalable backend infrastructure, which allow Riide to onboard new taxi companies in just a day and manage their bookings, transactions, etc.
– An integration with the World’s leading dispatch system (iCabbi) to ensure seamless daily operations, as well as full scalability
– Designed and developed a corresponding mobile booking app for iOS, Android and Windows Phone
– Product managed, maintained and developed the platform further since 2016 as Riide’s dedicated tech team
The app has been live since January 2017 the current platform is currently engaged with:
– Supporting +50 taxi operators across the UK, Ireland, USA and Canada
– Facilitated +250,000 bookings per month
– Transacted +1 million GBP per month
– Growing +200% since January 2018 (transactions)
– Handling 4-5 million API calls daily