We are looking for a talented Product Designer to work in our London office. As a Senior Product Designer you’ll be critical to every project you are a part of; able to draw on your breadth of knowledge in design, to influence and lead many of the project’s design decisions. You’ll also be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and as part of a more formal career development across the Design team. We are keen to find someone who is passionate about developing strategies based off of insights of real people, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) and inspires the organisation by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built.
About our Design team
Our design team is user-centric but tech-driven. As part of the team you’ll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. We are involved from planning through to execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. You’ll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece of work. Our understanding of the technical space means that our solution is well-grounded in tech feasibility and possibilities.
You’re primarily focused on human-centred design, backed by a broad knowledge of design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You create concepts and visualise solutions in response to problems, ideas and opportunities that you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You are most effective collaborating alongside engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project. You know your tech and are comfortable having discussions with the engineers about technical constrains and possibilities.
Responsibilities as a Senior Designer
- Keen to be client-facing, supporting the presentation of your latest design work in client meetings from the kick-off through to final delivery
- Master of your craft, confident in taking on challenges that you have not tried before
- Gatekeeper of and accountable for the quality of the products you work on
- Look at the bigger picture to give client and customer context for design decisions
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Work collaboratively with our passionate in-house team of developers and digital consultants
- Help define the strategic agenda of the Design team
- Mentor other designers to rapidly progress their careers and contribution to Nodes
- Encourage the product teams to try new approaches and ways of doing things
- Explore innovative ways of creating ideas, bringing them to life and presenting them
- Represent Nodes publicly by participating in talks, events and conferences
- High level of experience with the following tools; Sketch, Adobe Suite, Zeplin and InVision
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, user-oriented experiences
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve, learn and develop new skills, through workshops, books, articles, meet-ups etc.
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments
- A strong passion for mobile UI/UX and always staying up to date with the latest trends
- Comfortable with handling multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated mentality; driven at all times to meet and exceed goals
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test
- Fluent in English and available to work in the United Kingdom at our office in London
Nodes is a leading digital agency specialising in developing awesome mobile apps and websites. We are a team of over 110 passionate developers, designers and advisors with offices in London, Manchester, Copenhagen, Aarhus, Amsterdam, Dubai, Berlin and Prague. We work for leading brands, agencies and startups across a wide range of industries. We believe that the opportunities are deeply exciting, as we see experiences unbundle from web and smartphone into a multitude of emerging platforms and touchpoints such as wearables, voice and mobility. We are also a social bunch with monthly organised events as well as impromptu after work drinks at the nearby pub.