We assist our clients on the full app journey, from initial strategy and concept stage to app testing and app store launch. Our process is centered around an agile methodology with focus on providing you full transparency and fast progress. We are religious about quality and high service levels. This is why everything is done in-house by our specialists in each field.
Mobility Services Strategy
App Mobile Governance
Design & User Experience
Development & Quality Assurance
Native mobile development
Cross-platform & hybrid
Backend & CMS
API & middleware
Certified Quality Assurance
Maintenance & Monitoring
Guaranteed response time
3 ways to get started
We know one size does not fit all when it comes to app development. That is why we customise the process and way we work to your starting point. Based on our many hundreds of succesful projects, however, we know three good starting points for companies.
To validate a concept before we proceed with development, Nodes recommend a ‘5 day innovation sprint’. The innovation sprint enables us to build and test the idea that you have in one week. After the week we will have a better understanding of how to execute your idea, and you will know whether or not the idea creates value for your users and your business. This knowledge will enable you to take the next decision about what to do next. At this time, the reporting and prototype may be shared within your organisation so others stakeholders can easily get an overview of the process you have been through and the final outcome.
Before day 1 the client and Nodes have prepared by mapping goals, strategy, analyzing competitors, user demands etc..
- Define business goals and success criteria
- Map challenges, ideas, solutions and thoughts
- Ask the ‘experts’
- Recruit 3-5 users that we will use to test the prototype
- A prioritized overview of the challenges and possible solutions that have been challenged by experts and stakeholders
On day 2 we draft the ideas that we came up with on day 1. This will be done separately.
- Draft the different solutions with the use of prototyping methods
- Map userflow and make a storyboard for chosen concepts
- Detailed draft
- Mind map
On Day 3 we decide which ideas and what elements of the others ideas we want to test with the prototype. We will weigh and vote on the different ideas and look for potential conflicts.
- Vote with the use of methods like ‘supervote’ and ‘strawpoll’ to ensure that all stakeholders are heard
- Create a storyboard for the chosen solutions so that we are aligned on what’s included
- A single prioritized and challenged concept that we will continue with
On Day 4, a Nodes designer and UX advisor will design a prototype based on the scope that we have agreed upon. The prototype will be clickable and able to show the concept to the users and other possible stakeholders.
- Design a prototype
- Make it clickable in Invision so that the users can interact with the prototype like a real app
- Concept design on the chosen solution
- A clickable prototype to be used for usertesting
Day 5 will be used for testing with the respondents who we recruited on Day 1. The respondents are interviewed with one interviewer. It will be recorded and displayed on a monitor in an adjoining meeting room where the team is ready for feedback. Afterwards, we will evaluate and adjust accordingly and now have thorough material for the final decisions in terms of continuing the project or not.
- Usertesting with representative users of the system
- Evaluating and implementing feedback
- Recap of the process and project, and clarification of the next step
- Usertesting report
- Decision proposal, validating the business case, roadmap and overview of the following process
Bugs and slow performance are the number one reason why apps get deleted. 62% of users uninstall an app if they experience crashes or errors, and users are unforgiving when it comes to bad user experience, which is why we at Nodes focus on high quality apps. Digital products constantly surface on the market and mobile experience is constantly evolving. If your app does not evolve along with the market, it will quickly become outdated.
Nodes offers a full tech review of your app to make sure it is performing well and working on newer devices and operating systems. The output of this work is to get a status of your app from both a technical and user point of view.
We conduct explorative functionality tests of the most-used iOS and Android devices. All tests are done on real hardware devices as compatibility testing is essential with such a big variety on the market. Nodes have more than 100 different test devices, which cover more than 97% of the top 20 most used devices across the markets in Europe. We are closely following release presentations from the major mobile brands such as Samsung, Huawei, HTC and Apple. When new devices from these companies are released, we analyze the market-share potential and pre-order new devices if necessary to make sure we test your apps on devices before they are available to users.
Since app reviews and ratings are a major factor on whether users downloads your app or not, an analysis of app reviews is needed. When the analysis is completed, the results will be compared to other apps in the same sector.
A full review of the app functionality and an app review analysis. The review includes:
- Test result analysis including information about tested devices, OS and OS versions
- List with recommended improvements for each platform
- App review analysis and app rating sector comparison
- At Nodes we never see a project as done. Changes will continue in the future and new platforms, operating systems, and devices will follow for years to come. We offer proactive monitoring as part of our testing and reviewing process to cover market changes, and to continue to improve the quality and user experience of your app.
Mobile is an IT platform, which can live in almost all parts of your organisation, thus creating an urgent need for governance of all parts of the process. Too often we see companies with apps in three different frameworks, various push providers, no plan for their analytics tracking, and no shared server solutions across mobile projects.
With the responsibility of your company’s IT setup, you want to keep things aligned, minimize complexity in legacy projects, minimize technical risk (e.g 3rd party providers) and make sure you have the resources available when need arises.
Nodes’ Mobile IT Governance products will provide you with clear directions and policies, and help you make the right choices based on your current IT setup. We will also help you govern how mobile applications are conducted across your organisation.
First stage is about understanding the business and environment (external/internal) to reveal the potential opportunities, and we would typically touch upon the following topics and areas:
- Enterprise vs. Consumer
- Business critical factors/Pains – Stakeholders/Processes
- Technology – Budget/Resources
This stage includes a combination of interviews, workshops, best practice and prior experience.
Second stage is about defining the opportunities, process and vision from a user and technology perspective. It is crucial that the solution is shaping the business and not the other way around. The stage revolves around the following topics and areas:
- Goal/success criterias
- Target groups/Enterprise & Customer value
- IoT/connected products/connected devices & mobility
- Vision/user experience
This stage includes a combination of interviews, workshops, best practice and research and surveys.
Third and final stage is where most organizations fail because they see a mobility project as finished when an app is launched, instead of seeing it as a crucial part of shaping the future for the organization. Based on the first 2 stages, we now start transforming the obtained information into tangible steps that makes us able to answer questions like Where? What? Why? When?
This provides you with a prioritized roadmap that shows you our recommendations and strategy for mobility services solutions.
NODES IS BASED IN:
Get in touch
Tell us how we can assist you and one of our experienced mobile strategists will get in touch shortly.
With hundreds of thousands of spectators and participants using our app simultaneously, there is no room for errors. Nodes delivered a solution that exceeded our promise.
Nodes have been able to provide us with a sense of trust throughout the full project process, as well as enabling us to launch 3 months ahead of schedule and on budget.
TRADE MARKETING MANAGER
As the world’s largest bedding provider, we aim to deliver industry leading innovation. Nodes helped us create an app that enlarges our capabilities within training methods.